Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Kirby Series Intro

Hey everyone! tonight I am going to be starting a series of blogs that will be focused on one series of games. I'll be blogging about each game in the series, reviewing some and just talking about others. Depending on how this goes, I may opt to do more of these in the future. The guinea pig series for this will be a series that I hold near and dear, the Kirby series. This is a series that I have had a ton of fun with and if my personal collection of Kirby games is not enough evidence of that... I don't know what is...


For those of you who have never played a Kirby game before I'll break down the majority of them for you. You play as Kirby, a little pink bottomless pit. As Kirby you will eat enemies, blocks, food items, etc etc etc and use them to your advantage. Kirby's biggest claim to fame is his ability to copy enemy abilities. For instance, if you eat and swallow a sword wielding enemy, you will gain a sword. If you don't want a certain ability you can always ditch the ability and go with simply spitting the enemy back out and into other enemies. The rest of the plots for the games I'll dive into in the game's individual blogs.

Despite this being a retro gaming blog, I will be doing the games that came out on the Gamecube, Wii, and DS. I will not be doing the new 3DS or Wii U games as I have not played them so I cannot give an honest opinion on them. The image may be a little bit hard to see but the games that I will cover include in no particular order...

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES)
Kirby's Pinball Land (Game Boy)
Kirby's Star Stacker (Game Boy)
Kirby's Tilt N' Tumble (Game Boy Color)
Kirby's Block Ball (Game Boy)
Kirby Airide (GCN)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
Kirby64: The Crystal Shards (N64)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS)
Kirby's Dream Course (SNES)
Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)
Kirby Mass Attack (DS)
Kirby Superstar (SNES)
Kirby Superstar Ultra (DS)
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (Game Boy Advance)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (Game Boy Advance)

So you can see that there are quite a few games to get through. I have no timeline as to when these blogs will be coming out, but they will begin very very soon. They will not take over the blog however as there are many other games that I would like to discuss as well as top 10/20/whatever lists to make and so much more to be done that simply doing every Kirby game in a row is not going to happen. After the final Kirby Series blog has been posted I will try to compile them all into one page on this blog. For now though I hope you enjoy the Kirby Series!


No comments:

Post a Comment