Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Switching Gears for 2018

    Welcome back everyone. Sorry about my absence as of late. Things just keep popping up and since the holidays I've been pretty much running nonstop. That being said, I've still been able to get some games in so I still have loads that I'd like to talk about, or type about on here. The title of this blog is Switching Gears. It's named so because I am going to be slightly altering the content of this blog. For the longest time this blog has been a retro only blog that covered games from the Atari through the Sony Playstation libraries. For a short time there was a sprinkling of Heroes of the Storm thrown in, but that didn't last long as that game keeps on changing so looking back at those build blogs, they're extremely outdated. For Christmas, my wonderful wife got me a Nintendo Switch. My interest in the system peaked not because of the great new games such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but the incredible amount of retro inspired games. Blaster Master Zero and Aces of the Luftwaffe are just two examples of games that caught my attention long before I got the console, and have been a blast to play.

    That being said, I am going to expand the coverage of this blog to include retro inspired games as well. I do not own a PS4 or an Xbox One so my coverage on those games will be limited to the Switch and PC. In addition of these retro inspired games, I'll be doing a sort of personal comparison with some of the new games to other entries in the series. For example, I may compare Super Mario Odyssey to Super Mario 64 or in Breath of the Wild's case, I may compare it to the Nintendo 64 duo and even the original NES game. These are just ideas I'm toying around with. I know the new games have been reviewed to death on any website and honestly, I don't want to review them. What I want to do is look at them and see where there may possibly be some inspiration or parallels from past games.

    Another thing I'll be picking back up this year is the Kirby Series. Since the series has continued to grow and expand I am going to put a cap on it upon reaching Kirby and the Amazing Mirror for Game Boy Advance. As much as I do love the Kirby series, I have not played many of the recent entries in the series. In fact I haven't played a single one on the 3DS or the one on the Wii U and I have very limited experience in some of the DS games. I think ending it at the Game Boy Advance games is a good way to go. Kirby got his start on the Game Boy, so I find it fitting to end the review series with the last Game Boy.

    So getting back on track. Expect to see the final installment in the Rampage series I was working on before my absence soon. There are two games remaining that I will cover in that series. One is on the Sony Playstation and the other is actually on the Game Boy Advance. After that look for a few blogs a month to come out. My ideal goal would be one a week, but we'll see how close I can get to that. For now though I hope all is well and I look forward to bringing you more content soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment